Acrylic sheets, also known as Plexiglass, are a fantastic material for a variety of DIY and professional projects. They are durable, flexible, and come in a variety of thicknesses and colors. However, to keep them looking their best, it’s essential to clean them properly. The same principles apply to cleaning acrylic sneeze guards, which are used to provide a physical barrier between people to prevent the spread of airborne illnesses.
Here’s how to clean your acrylic sheets and acrylic sneeze guards:
- Soft non-abrasive cloth or sponge
- Warm water
- Mild dish soap or a gentle acrylic cleaner
- Air blower or compressed air (optional)
- Wet the cloth or sponge: Soak a soft, non-abrasive cloth or sponge in warm water. It’s important to use a soft material to avoid scratching the surface of the acrylic.
- Apply a mild soap: Mix a small amount of mild dish soap with water. Alternatively, you can use a specialized acrylic cleaner.
- Clean the surface: Gently wipe the surface of the acrylic sheet or sneeze guard with the soapy water or cleaner. Be sure to clean both sides of the acrylic, and take care to clean the corners and edges where dust can accumulate.
- Rinse and dry: Rinse off the soap or cleaner with warm water, then dry the acrylic sheet or sneeze guard thoroughly. You can use an air blower or compressed air to ensure all water droplets are removed.
Remember, do not use window cleaning fluids, scouring compounds, gritty cloths, or strong solvents such as alcohol, acetone, or carbon tetra-chloride. These can damage the acrylic surface and cause it to become cloudy.
With the correct care and maintenance, your acrylic sheets and sneeze guards will remain clear and durable for many years to come.